Modelcase, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”) is a company which provides website production service, web-based marketing service web-based branding service, website consulting service, and other services on the internet, and the Company thereby fully recognizes the importance of the personal information of the Company’s clients which the Company obtains and handles through its business activities, and such information as a part of its critical information assets for its business activities.
In addition, the Company fully recognizes the protection of personal information of its clients as well as its employees is an important social responsibility.
- In order to ensure the thorough compliance of the Japanese laws and regulations, guidelines provided by the national government, as well as other regulations concerning the protection of personal information, the Company shall establish the personal information protection and management system pursuant to JIS-Q 15001, Japanese Industrial Standards' “Requirements for Personal Information Protection Management Systems” and ensure the appropriate enforcement of the policy to all of the personal information that the Company handles for its business activities as well as those of its officers and employees.
- The Company shall clarify the purpose of use, and possibility of providing the personal information, which it obtains beforehand, and it shall use such information within the scope as consented by the persons who have agreed to provide their personal information, and apply the preventive measures for such information to be used outside of the purpose.
- The Company shall ensure that it appoints the contractor(s) or any other third parties that satisfy the sufficient protection criteria, in the event the Company outsources the handing of the personal information which obtained through the measures as set forth in the previous item, in whole or in part, to contractors or in the event the Company provides the personal information to third parties, and shall include appropriate measures in the appropriate contracts, etc.
- The Company shall establish the reasonable security management measures and appropriate corrective measures, such as procedures for appropriately managing personal information acquired and for preventive measures for the risks of losses, destruction, falsification, and leakage of such information.
- The Company shall appropriately handle any complaints or concerns concerning its practice on the protection of personal information at the following contact.
- The Company shall handle the request for disclosure, correction, deletion, and discontinuation of the use of the personal information of the person who has filed such a request without delay.
- The Company shall continue to review and improve its personal information protection and management system, in order to ensure the proper use of the personal information and to apply proper protection, in order to cope with the changes to take place in the social and economic climates.
- Prescribed on: May 1, 2011
- Last revised on: February 1, 2014
- Modelcase, Inc.
- Masaki Kawamura, Representative Director
- Inquiries concerning the Company’s handling of Personal Information shall be directed to:
- Modelcase, Inc., Personal Information Manager
- Tel: 03-5369-1035; Fax: 03-5369-1036
Consent for the Handling of Personal Information
modelcase, Inc. (hereinafter “the Company”) makes public the following information in compliance with JISQ15001: 2017 requirements 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11:
Ⅰ. Use of Information Not Obtained Directly in Writing
① Consigned Personal Information
- For the purpose of doing Web production, Web marketing, Web branding, Web consulting, and other Internet services consigned by client companies
II. About the Retention of Personal Data
- 1. Use of Personal Data We Retain
① Personal Information of Employees
- For the purpose of employee management, including human resources, wages, and General Affairs
- For the purpose of managing of employees’ health
- For the purpose of controlling security
② Personal Information of Job Applicants
- For the purpose of corresponding with and screening job applicants
- For procedures on entry to the Company
③ Customer Personal Information
- For the purpose of business negotiations, correspondence, receiving orders, and contract fulfillment
④ Personal Information of Persons Making Inquiries
- For the purpose of responding to inquiries
⑤ Personal Information of Users of Japan Spark
- For provision of the Japan Spark service
- For the purpose of responding to inquiries
⑥ Personal Information of Japan Spark Members
- For the purpose of corresponding with and screening applicants
- For the purpose of managing registered users and making remuneration payments
- For the purpose of managing progress of requested tasks and business communication
- For the purpose of responding to inquiries
- 2. Acquisition of Personal Information in Unidentifiable Form.
(1) In order to provide more useful services to its users through more convenient features and to gather statistical information on the pages viewed, the Company utilizes a technology called Cookies in some of its Web pages. The information stored in Cookies shall not be used by linking to your personal information for the aforementioned purposes. Additionally, the information stored in Cookies alone cannot identify users individually.
(2) Users themselves can change the browser settings to reject the receipt of Cookies, and activate warning prompts when such Cookies are received. Configuration of Cookies may vary depending on the browser. For details, please consult with the “Help” menu on your browser.
(3) Please note that, in the event that you have rejected all Cookies, you may not be able to use some of the services.
(4) Japan Spark, provided by the Company, uses Facebook single sign-on to allow users to create a new account and to log in to their account. The Company obtains (only with the user’s consent) the user’s Facebook ID, access token, and email address. When processing a user’s account removal, obtained account information will be deleted.
- 3. Name or the Title, Affiliation and Contact Details of the Personal Information Administrator
Mr. Masaki Kawamura, modelcase, Inc.; Tel: 03-5369-1035
- 4. Procedures and Contact for Disclosure of Personal Information, etc.
The Company, with regard to personal information it has obtained, if asked by an individual to disclose the personal information of himself or herself, will promptly take appropriate measures after confirming the identity of said individual or of another individual specified.
The Company will accept requests by an individual for any of the following actions regarding his or her personal information in possession of the Company: notification of use, disclosure, correction in case of incorrect information, etc., addition or deletion, cessation of use, erasure, cessation of provision to a third party (below, “disclosures, etc.”). However, in the case of risk of damage to the life, health, property or other interest of the individual himself or herself, or that of another customer, or in the case it is judged to considerably hinder the execution of the Company’s business, this shall not apply.
- (1) Details of Disclosure
① Notification of Use
③ Corrections, Additions, or Deletions
④ Cessation of Use or Erasure
⑤ Cessation of Provision to Third Parties
As a result of cessation of use or erasure, the Company may reluctantly be no longer able to provide the service as requested.
- (2) Handling Fee
No handling fee applies.
- (3) Inquiring About and Requesting Disclosures, etc.
To request a disclosure, fill out the required items of the “Request for Disclosure” form and submit it to “Inquiries”, mentioned below. Please submit the request form using a postal method that provides confirmation of delivery, such as Registered Mail, Simplified Registered Mail, or delivery-certified mail. The Request for Disclosure form is available as a PDF file. Please download and print this form. When you download the form, the Company will confirm your identity using the information you provide.
Requests for disclosure that do not follow these procedures (including a visit in person to the Company’s offices) will not be accepted.
If the Request for Disclosure form is not filled out adequately, or if the identity of the individual or person who submitted the request (in the case of a proxy, etc.) cannot be confirmed, unfortunately the Company may not be able to accept the request.
If the person who submitted the request is not the individual whose personal information is requested (i.e., a proxy, etc.), please also include the following information:
●In the case of a minor or an adult ward, one of the following documents concerning the legal representative:
A document proving legal agency, such as an official copy of the family register (Koseki Tohon) or Proof of Guardianship
●In the case of a proxy consigned with the task of making the Request for Disclosure, etc.:
A document proving agency, such as power of attorney
For complaints or concerns regarding the Company’s protection of personal information, please contact: Mr. Masaki Kawamura
Dai-20 Sky Bldg. #201, 5-4-9 Sendagaya, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 151-0051
Tel: 03-5369-1035; Fax: 03-5369-1036
Service Hours: 10:00-17:00 (excluding Saturdays & Sundays, holidays, year-end and New Year holidays)
- (4) Notification of Action Regarding Requests for Disclosure, etc.
Notification will be mailed to the person that submitted the request at the address on the Request for Disclosure form. In the case that the Company is unable to comply with the request, the reason for this will also be included. It may take several business days for the notification to be mailed, so please keep this in mind.
- (5) Use of Personal Information Obtained from Requests for Disclosure
Use of personal information obtained from a Request for Disclosure shall be limited to the processing of the disclosure, etc. Documentation submitted shall be disposed of appropriately.
- 4. Questions or Complaints Regarding the Handling of Personal Information
Inquiries and complaints regarding personal information obtained by the Company should be directed to “Inquiries”, mentioned above.
- 5. Certifying Organization for Protection of Personal Information
JIPDEC (Nihon Jouhou Keizai Shakai Suishin Kyoukai)
Complaints should be directed to:
Protection of Personal Information Complaints Office
Roppongi First Building, 1-9-9 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 106-0032
This is not the contact for inquiries about the Company’s products or services.
For inquiries about the Company’s products or services, please call 03-5369-1035.
Established May 1, 2011
Last revision April 19, 2022